Volume III has come!

Comments about the book, Requests for content to be covered in the 2nd Edition? Post them here!

Re: Volume III has come!

Postby dohtero » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:18 pm

It is 3 days after the release date and no news about the book from the mailing list or amazon... What is going on?
dohtero

Is the book available yet?

Postby fnkym0nky » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Are we able to order the book yet? The site says available on the 10th, but Amazon indicates that it'll be available on the 24th. If it is available is there some alternative way to order it?
fnkym0nky

Postby bkdev » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:39 pm

Looks like the book is not available anywhere and there is no reply from the author. I guess we'll just have to wait.
bkdev

Postby Siguza » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 pm

https://twitter.com/Morpheus______/stat ... 0079080449

Jonathan Levin, 22nd Oct 2016:
#moxii update: stock replenished - but I'm on other side of globe... Sorry. I'll resume shipping again on Halloween. Patience appreciated!

But I'm on the preorder list and haven't yet been contacted, so I'd assume J is just buried in work here, and not worry if it takes some more time. ;)
Siguza
Unicorn

Postby TheDarkKnight » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:23 am

bkdev wrote:Looks like the book is not available anywhere and there is no reply from the author. I guess we'll just have to wait.

J is not only really busy, but has taken the decision to self publish the books, after the 1st book only gave him a return of £2 per copy and the publisher restricted the depth of content he wanted to provide. We're all waiting, some more patient than others(!). It will come and it will be worth the wait when it does.

Also note that from 31st October, he's running his awesome Reverse Engineering course. Having attended the last one, I can tell you he'll be completely focussed on the attendees that week too. Details of the course can be found here: http://technologeeks.com/course.jl?course=OSXRE
TheDarkKnight

Postby jni » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:37 pm

How can I preorder / order this? Can I do it now?
jni

Postby karaiskc » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:13 am

Any news about the preorders? When should we expect emails? Or should we order from Amazon.com?
karaiskc

Postby empcesar » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:45 pm

karaiskc wrote:Any news about the preorders? When should we expect emails? Or should we order from Amazon.com?

If I were you, I would order from Amazon. I thought I was on the preorder list but never got any notification and I know the first round of shipments has already gone out.
empcesar

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:18 pm

empcesar wrote:
karaiskc wrote:Any news about the preorders? When should we expect emails? Or should we order from Amazon.com?

If I were you, I would order from Amazon. I thought I was on the preorder list but never got any notification and I know the first round of shipments has already gone out.

Seriously now? We've been waiting so long for this and we are not even in the second round of shipments?
It's amazing how unorganized this whole process is.

Well, Amazon won't let me order anyway :roll: :

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address.

Postby ericgorr » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:56 pm

I have my book on order from Amazon and am looking forward to receiving it.
ericgorr

Previous

Return to *OS Internals - 2nd Edition