(old) Volume III State of the Union

Comments about the book, Requests for content to be covered in the 2nd Edition? Post them here!

Re: Volume III State of the Union

Postby Hildred » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:40 am

Fatrick wrote:Hey J,

The current stock on Amazon does not allow for international shipping, will there be stock on Amazon for international shipping anytime soon? Thanks! :)

+1
Hildred

Postby andy594 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:15 pm

My copy of 1.2 arrived safely in the UK today having paid through paypal. Better service than Amazon too :)
andy594

Postby tyler » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:47 pm

andy594 wrote:My copy of 1.2 arrived safely in the UK today having paid through paypal. Better service than Amazon too :)

Did you have to pay EU customs/duties? What amount was it declared? Want to order but customs are a mess where I live and if it is declared high enough that it needs to be taxed then it's a guarantee for trouble.
tyler

Postby paffinity » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Payment sent, thanks for your work on this!
paffinity

Postby andy594 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:20 am

tyler wrote:
andy594 wrote:My copy of 1.2 arrived safely in the UK today having paid through paypal. Better service than Amazon too :)

Did you have to pay EU customs/duties? What amount was it declared? Want to order but customs are a mess where I live and if it is declared high enough that it needs to be taxed then it's a guarantee for trouble.

No there's no tax in books in the UK so nothing to pay on arrival.
andy594

Re: (old) Volume III State of the Union

Postby Andi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:37 am

The book might be the best book on macOS.

Yet, the buying experience is definetly the worst.
Andi

Postby morpheus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:59 am

If you explained what's so bad about it, I would try to help. Amazon is just limited in shipping options, but all it takes is PayPal or BTC, and you get the book. How bad can it be?
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby nottab0t » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Anything more than 2-day shipping is unbearable these days. :lol:
nottab0t

Postby Siguza » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Unless it's from AAPL. Then people gladly camp in front of stores for a week. :roll:
Siguza
Unicorn

Postby Inva » Mon May 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Hello,

I would like to kindly ask you if the book Volume III State of Union is available and if it is possible to ship it to Czech republic please? Our shipping address is InvaSys a.s., Sochorova 3232/36, Brno, 61600, Czech republic, VAT No: 05915511. Is it possible to send it to us also with invoice or send me invoice to my email? If possible than I can send you 100USD via paypal:)

Thank you

Best regards
Inva

PreviousNext

Return to *OS Internals - 2nd Edition