DFU mode

Issues relating to the upcoming LiberTV TvOS < 11.2 JB. NO MORON "wen eta" though - unless you want to be banned.
Forum rules
  • NO IDIOTIC QUESTIONS ABOUT "WEN ETA JB".
  • Read the FAQ before asking.
  • Otherwise, open discussion and/or requests welcome.

DFU mode

Postby mac » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:15 am

I have been jailbroken for a full two days and was on my device watching youtube. I got a green screen that I had read about. However, After booting backup and trying to re=jailbreak after 4 times it succeed like normal. Next when I left the liberTV app My device froze, the light was flashing, but no audio was coming from a click or a swipe so I unplugged it and it will not boot. I am now in DFU mode not by choice and am wondering if there is 1 a way to leave DFU mode with out updating to 10.1.1 and 2 if this has happened to anyone else.
mac

Re: DFU mode

Postby Broxin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 am

you tried ReiBoot ?
Broxin

Postby mac » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:53 am

It will not detect the device.
mac

Postby Gilrrr » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:46 pm

Hold menu and home buttons to force restart maybe?
Gilrrr

Postby mac » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I looked into it a bit more and seems to be in a DFU loop so I think I must update. However, it is still within 30 days of buying it so thinking to return it, I will keep it around incase any ideas pop-up. Should I just leave it in DFU and get a replacement or should I update before bringing it in, if I update I think it will be weird and they will wonder why I want to switch it out. Any thoughts about a possible fix before I decide what to do?
mac

Postby Broxin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:43 am

Just update it, return it and say it has the newest software on it,
but because you are a developer you cant work with this software version so you are using your 30 day return right.

On the other hand you dont even have to say why.
Its your right to bring it back.

Go out of the shop and go in again and buy a new one :-)
Broxin

Postby morpheus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:55 pm

I would agree with Broxin here - But FYI - if you get into a DFU loop or unbootability - this is 100% due to overwriting and/or removing a system file. The JB goes to GREAT LENGTHS so as to NOT do that automatically - installing to /tmp BECAUSE the original version I worked on did just that, bricking my Tv. Unfortunately, though still with its original wrapping, it was over 30 days, so now I'm stuck with a 10.1 that won't boot, and I don't want to update either..
morpheus
Site Admin

Return to LiberTV