HFSleuth linux with glib problems?

Used for discussing the various tools in the book as well as encouraging members to share tools

HFSleuth linux with glib problems?

Postby Merry » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Out of curiosity I'm trying to play with the linux binary, elf 64 bit, of HFSleuth.
In my linux box (Debian x64 kernel 3.2) there seems to be some problems at the loader / relocation stage.
Lacking the sources to recompile the executable against my libs, with the toolchain my linux box has been made with, I'd find useful having some extra info, like the (linux) system the tarred binary it has been built.

..Or some hint to have the tool running on Debian; a system I'm sure would cover a good percentage of linux users.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Merry

Re: HFSleuth linux with glib problems?

Postby morpheus » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello Merry,

I had compiled HFSleuth on a RedHat box - Fedora Core 19, to be exact. I am attaching the latest build here in binary, and would appreciate if you cut/paste which dependencies/loader error messages you're getting. This way I can compile it on Ubuntu and Debian as well.

Most of my tools are open source - some , like HFSleuth, aren't, though I can make the HFS handling headers available, if there's demand

J
Attachments
HFSleuth.tar
(382.5 KiB) Downloaded 634 times
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby fritzr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Related - do you have (or would you be willing to build) a release for older glibcs? For example I'm interested in using HFSleuth on older (RHEL5) machines that are stuck on GLIBC 2.5, and it seems the latest HFSleuth ELF binary would prefer GLIBC 2.14.

Thanks,
Fritz
fritzr

Postby morpheus » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:31 am

Err.. I can do that. I just need to find an old Fedora to compile on. Give me a few. And if I don't update you, PM me?
morpheus
Site Admin

Return to Tools