Will The 2nd Edition be a good resource for jb development

Questions and Answers about all things *OS (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS)

Re: Will The 2nd Edition be a good resource for jb developme

Postby morpheus » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:18 pm

You hit the nail right on the head; There are none. The only thing that purports to come close, albeit poorly, is the iOS Hacker's Handbook - but too many cooks there spoiled the broth, IMHO, what more it was a rehash of already well known stuff from the iPhone Wiki.

Resources wise -

- The iPhone Wiki, first and foremost. Sometimes the iPhone Dev Wiki as well. but mostly the former
- Past JB Analyses. These are scarce, though, and as of iOS 8 and TaiG 1, I think I'm the only one trying to reverse these publicly.
- "Standard" ARMv7 or ARMv8 development. I would definitely get the official manuals from ARM. Required since ROP is necessary nowadays in every jb.

One of the reasons MOXiI has been running late is because it took for ever to write a jailbreak centric chapter. The chapter has since exploded in size to the point where it might very well be a book of its own, actually. But it's coming, and - jailbreak wise - aims to go deep and methodically cover all past modern jailbreaks, all the way back from evasi0n (iOS6), to yesterday's Pangu 9.1 (which is similar to the imminent Apple TV JB) and - if I can - maybe even earlier than that.
morpheus
Site Admin

Re: Will The 2nd Edition be a good resource for jb developme

Postby cokex » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 pm

OMG i can't wait no more :geek:
cokex

Return to Questions and Answers