ATV 9.0 pangu conundrum

Questions and Answers about all things *OS (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS)

Re: ATV 9.0 pangu conundrum

Postby morpheus » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:35 am

So we're making progress, eh? :-)

The pangu app unloading has nothing to do with it, I'm pretty sure.
I would suggest unloading/loading PineBoard next, and just going over the daemons?

And PLEASE PLEASE don't mess with the caches!! Pangu's JB does that already. There IS no 32-bit support in TvOS 9.x. Don't try to add it!
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby lechium » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Administrator wrote:So we're making progress, eh? :-)

The pangu app unloading has nothing to do with it, I'm pretty sure.
I would suggest unloading/loading PineBoard next, and just going over the daemons?

And PLEASE PLEASE don't mess with the caches!! Pangu's JB does that already. There IS no 32-bit support in TvOS 9.x. Don't try to add it!

Sorry for super late response to this.

I gave up on any ideas of other dyldcaches, it was kind of stopgap hacky recommendation from saurik to try to avoid needing to recompile EVERYTHING needed for apt/dpkg in 64 bit form, but its all moot on that anyways since i've rolled my own installer setup for nitoTV (for the time being)

Its still a bit of a weird issue that is plaguing me and i feel like finding a proper solution would make life much easier, and maybe allow pangu to bundle a new version with the core problem fixed. i know you've seen additional problems posted where usb isnt working, and some of these people have run the fixBoot.sh script i put together mentioned in other threads, and i think there are people who have done this and still had issues with usb.

i discussed this problem with nao about.... 3 weeks ago i think, and he asked me to send him a copy of my lockdownd file after the initial blackscreen problem had occurred to me. his exact words were "so the only difference is the cdhash blob for that page…that means ldid is launched but doesn't work properly. Or maybe the patch hasn't been flushed to disk…"

what ended up fixing it without the need for the stopgap script in /etc/rc.d is "ldid -s /usr/libexec/lockdownd" I dont know what causes the cdhash blob to get modified, and im not sure if this is a permanent "fix" (it still seems like it would be better to not have to do this and root out the cause of the issue) Im fairly certain people who have reported usb issues have run both the fixBoot.sh script AND tried the ldid -s lockdown fix, but still reported issues with USB.

sorry for the long post. been super busy bringing remote control and text entry back with airmagic and fiddling around with trying to do a proper respring after restoring apps and kind of lost sight of this issue.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.
lechium

Postby morpheus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:05 pm

ldid launched but didn't work properly.. Hmm. why am I not surprised? :-)

Have you tried jtool --sign --inplace to compare?
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby lechium » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:34 pm

Administrator wrote:ldid launched but didn't work properly.. Hmm. why am I not surprised? :-)

well it actually worked okay for me, it didnt work okay for them. i dont have any more details on any of their files on the affected systems with usb :( we should coax them over to this forum so we can get more details on the issue. i just dont know what else to ask at this point.
lechium

Postby RandomRabber » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Did you resolve your issues with usb, I am able to ssh and scp but its still not recognized by system information, any info would be appreciated.
RandomRabber

Postby lechium » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:40 am

RandomRabber wrote:Did you resolve your issues with usb, I am able to ssh and scp but its still not recognized by system information, any info would be appreciated.

the issues i had with USB went away when i found the initial "fix" of unloading and reloading lockdownd w/ launchctl. after that the blackscreen went away AND USB worked fine for me again. if you are experience USB issues still (which it sounds like you are) maybe morpheus will know better questions to ask (admin here) to get you back on track and maybe help us get closer to determining what the cause of the problem is.

if i cant personally replicate a problem i have an impossible time debugging it, especially stuff like this.
lechium

Postby Chinming888 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi! I'm having thr same ISB being disabled after a jailbreak. I understand you solved it. Can you please provide a step by step solution? Thanks very much.
Chinming888

Postby Chinming888 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm having the same usb issue. I can ONLY ssh and that's all there is left. Can someone please provide a step by step tutorial as to what to do in terminal to get around this? Thanks!
Chinming888

Postby Chinming888 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:06 pm

lechium wrote:
Administrator wrote:ldid launched but didn't work properly.. Hmm. why am I not surprised? :-)

well it actually worked okay for me, it didnt work okay for them. i dont have any more details on any of their files on the affected systems with usb :( we should coax them over to this forum so we can get more details on the issue. i just dont know what else to ask at this point.

Please detail me hwl to unload and reload the deamons. I'm having the same usb issue. All there is, is a SSH via terminal. If you could please reply an instructional terminal command that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Chinming888

Postby lechium » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:04 pm

I finally got my hands on an ATV4 that is having the USB issue while it doesn't exhibit the black screen issue. Do you have any recommendations for what i can do to get you the info you need to get to the bottom of the problem?

Thanks.
lechium

Previous

Return to Questions and Answers