ATV4 Pangu - Prevent Black/White Screen

Questions and Answers about all things *OS (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS)

ATV4 Pangu - Prevent Black/White Screen

Postby Chinese » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:46 am

Hi!

Thanks for helping with the fix on the black and white screen issue on the jailbroken Apple TV 4 units. I have ran into this issue twice personally now and I started wondering if there is a way of preventing this issue from appearing.

Do you know if
Code: Select all
wget http://nitosoft.com/ATV4/fixBoot.sh
chmod +x fixBoot.sh
./fixBoot.sh

will prevent this issue from happening as well - instead of fixing it?

Thank you for your help!

Chris
Chinese

Re: ATV4 Pangu - Prevent Black/White Screen

Postby morpheus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:23 pm

That's the exact fix that was suggested in this website, no? Basically, it's a load/unload. Should work. Normally I would suggest several methods myself, but with the ATV jailbreak being precarious (and that JBable version no longer signed), the worst case scenario of having to SSH in and do it manually could be a lot worse. But his fix is:

Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin

mkdir /etc/rc.d/

echo "#!/bin/bash" >> /etc/rc.d/fixerupper
echo "launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mobile.lockdown.plist" >> /etc/rc.d/fixerupper
echo "launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mobile.lockdown.plist" >> /etc/rc.d/fixerupper

chmod +x /etc/rc.d/fixerupper
/etc/rc.d/fixerupper

which is exactly what his question elsewhere on his thread stated, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Dropping it in /etc/rc.d makes it persistent across reboot. So technically, it does happen, but gets auto-fixed as the script runs on boot.
morpheus
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Answers