iPad-only apps on iPhone

Questions and Answers about all things *OS (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS)

iPad-only apps on iPhone

Postby septium » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:23 am

How to trick iPhone to be able to purchase, install and successfully run iPad-only apps?
Obviously the first step is to set framebuffer resolution to higher value, like ARX8x does in his iofbres, but without restrictions on setting too high or disproportional resolution:

Code: Select all
# nano /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iokit.IOMobileGraphicsFamily.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>canvas_height</key>
        <integer>2048</integer>
        <key>canvas_width</key>
        <integer>1536</integer>
</dict>
</plist>

# killall -9 cfprefsd backboardd

Resolution change to iPad one works perfectly. But of course it's not enough. Is it possible to do something with spoofing mobilegestalt, spoofing userland part of IOKit, or maybe editing some plists, to achieve this goal?

PS. I don't care about very small widgets, disproportional resolution on physical screen, and other side effects, as long as apps will detect the device as iPad and draw iPad–specific UI on iPad-sized 2048x1536 framebuffer. I want to use those iPhones remotely, not as regular devices. Via ssh + veency, or ssh + USB framebuffer streaming, like Mac QuickTime does. The final goal is remote test stand that can run iPad and iPhone apps on iPhones. Don't ask me why so weird: it's a long story concerned with amperage and power consumption.
septium

Re: iPad-only apps on iPhone

Postby lewiswhite » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:18 am

I am using Showbox app on my iPhone, And I want to know is this feasible that I can run this app https://appshowbox.org/ on wife's ipad. If not can you suggest some other methods ??
lewiswhite

Return to Questions and Answers