iosbinpack: lots of bug reports

Used for discussing the various tools in the book as well as encouraging members to share tools

iosbinpack: lots of bug reports

Postby minicoin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:42 am

I hope it's okay that I keep bugging you about this, even though I've already emailed you a couple of times :?

Here's a list of bugs I've encountered so far. Tested on iPad mini running iOS 9, aka 32-bit armv7(s).

- for whatever reason, login doesn't work. it fails to initialize, and just returns [process completed], yada yada.

- cp doesn't support the -T argument. This causes Cydia stashing (/usr/libexec/cydia/move.sh) to fail. is this a bug?

- iOS, by default, uses sh. Is there any way to fix or work around this? because the fancy colors inherited by zshrc aren't automatically applied, you have to run zsh every single time :x

If these bugs are fixed, I plan on compiling your tools in a package for others :D
minicoin

Re: iosbinpack: lots of bug reports

Postby morpheus » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:58 am

So...

A) login isn't really supposed to do anything as it's not a real multi-user system.. :shock: it's iOS. you could use /bin/true instead.. But I'll recompile and see.
B) cp -T? That's a GNU cp you're looking at. I'm compiling the Darwin CP. It's an illegal option. Cydia stashing is an abomination that Saurik should *not* have conceived.
C) sure. I have bash there. cp bash over sh. That simple.
morpheus
Site Admin

Re: iosbinpack: lots of bug reports

Postby minicoin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:25 am

Very cool, I'll report the cp issue to saurik sometime.

Two more things: zsh complains that /usr/local/lib/zsh/5.0.8/zsh/zle.so is malformed ("malformed Mach-o image: segment load command __LINKEDIT filesize is larger than vmsize")

/etc/zshrc:71 -- bindkey doesn't exist on iOS :p
minicoin

Return to Tools