Where's the pre-order list?

Comments about the book, Requests for content to be covered in the 2nd Edition? Post them here!

Where's the pre-order list?

Postby jni » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:12 pm

And how do I join it? ;-)

jeni
jni

Re: Where's the pre-order list?

Postby morpheus » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 pm

preorder@ , surprisingly enough.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby zIrrational1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Administrator wrote:preorder@ , surprisingly enough.

While a frank admission of just how totally clueless I (typically) am is uncomfortable, it's almost always best for me to just ask rather than assume.

Are you saying that to be added to the pre-order list one should send an email to preorder@newosxbook.com? If so, should the email contain any specific keywords or other information in the subject or body? Also, after sending the email then what is supposed to happen next? Will we get some sort of confirmation "ACK"? When & how will payment become pertinent?

(Not trying to be a pest and certainly not trying to pressure. I can and will wait. Just trying to get a better guess at how the future may unfold.)
zIrrational1

Postby morpheus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:25 pm

My apologies if that sounded snide :-) No offense meant. I thought it was just clear from the book announcement page.

And yes, it's just as simple as that - you send the email, you get advance notice when it's ready. I don't charge a dime until the book is finalized, though. So you get an announcement when it is, then decide if you want to pay or not.
morpheus
Site Admin

Return to *OS Internals - 2nd Edition