iOSbinpack 9.3.3

Used for discussing the various tools in the book as well as encouraging members to share tools

Re: iOSbinpack 9.3.3

Postby Siguza » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Sounds like something from an incompatibility between the binpack and AFC2 to normal AFC2 behaviour.

AFC2 for 7.1 and later is a dirty hack that downloads some iOS 7 binaries and runs them, saurik himself describes this as "arguably more finicky" than previous implementations and notes that it "might sometimes fail".
But if you've got SSH, you've also got SFTP, which is just as capable and "arguably less finicky" than AFC2.
Siguza
Unicorn

Postby darkknight » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:33 pm

Correction work arounds work on 9.3.3. But no longer have a 9.1 to retest.
darkknight

Postby darkknight » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:56 pm

Siguza wrote:Sounds like something from an incompatibility between the binpack and AFC2 to normal AFC2 behaviour.

AFC2 for 7.1 and later is a dirty hack that downloads some iOS 7 binaries and runs them, saurik himself describes this as "arguably more finicky" than previous implementations and notes that it "might sometimes fail".
But if you've got SSH, you've also got SFTP, which is just as capable and "arguably less finicky" than AFC2.

Appreciate the help Siguza.
darkknight

Postby morpheus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 am

I admit utter ignorance. I can tell you, by process of elimination, you have to be doing something differently, else many of the iOS users who downloaded the binpack would be swamping me with similar issues - you're the only one.

Looking at your sequence of events, though:

iii. Install apple file conduit
iv. Stashing tweak 9.2 - 9.3.3(5S)

I do neither iii nor iv. So I would *presume* that either/or fails. That the device gets stuck on Apple logo isn't telling me much - but it's likely launchd is up, yet stuck on launching a job.. Which would place as suspect that AFC2 service. That's the only thing I can think of. But why even need it with a reliable SSH?
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby darkknight » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Hey J,
First off appreciate all the help with this.

As for AFC2 I use it for iFunBox, but yes there really isn't a need for it. And I figured it maybe had something to do with those tweaks which is why I mentioned them.

Definitely learned a couple things from this :)

Much respect...
darkknight

Postby jni » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:49 pm

I am experiencing a similar issue on an i6 with 9.3.3 jailbroken with pangu93 1.1.

After installing the iosbinpack, the pangu app remains at the "Jailbreak succeedeed! Restarting SprinBoard..." message.
Cydia can be started, but opensshd and all other apps installed from Cydia cannot be started.

I am locked out of the phone :(

Any hints/ideas?

Edit: Damn! I just saw that Apple stopped signing 9.3.3!
jni

Postby darkknight » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:17 pm

jni wrote:I am experiencing a similar issue on an i6 with 9.3.3 jailbroken with pangu93 1.1.

After installing the iosbinpack, the pangu app remains at the "Jailbreak succeedeed! Restarting SprinBoard..." message.
Cydia can be started, but opensshd and all other apps installed from Cydia cannot be started.

I am locked out of the phone :(

Any hints/ideas?

Edit: Damn! I just saw that Apple stopped signing 9.3.3!

Well as J suggested earlier are you able to install MTerminal and issue /usr/sbin/sshd as root to start ssh..for sprinboard run killall -9 SpringBoard from terminal as well?
darkknight

Postby jni » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:33 pm

darkknight wrote:Well as J suggested earlier are you able to install MTerminal and issue /usr/sbin/sshd as root to start ssh..for sprinboard run killall -9 SpringBoard from terminal as well?

Thanks! That worked, sshd started and I logged in.

Any idea which binaries caused the issue? Which ones should I replace with stock ones?
jni

Postby darkknight » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:38 pm

jni wrote:
darkknight wrote:Well as J suggested earlier are you able to install MTerminal and issue /usr/sbin/sshd as root to start ssh..for sprinboard run killall -9 SpringBoard from terminal as well?

Thanks! That worked, sshd started and I logged in.

Any idea which binaries caused the issue? Which ones should I replace with stock ones?

Not sure but this is what Jay said earlier
Pangu rely on a Cydia installed binary which I replace with a newer, albeit incompatible command line version.

Also in my case the AFC2 tweak may have been causing issues.
darkknight

Postby darkknight » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:29 pm

J,
So I got my hands on ipod touch 6G 8.4 and isntalled iosbinback64. Rebooted the device and it's stuck in a boot loop...apple logo----black screen---blue screen rinse and repeat.

Guessing I have lost that jb no?
darkknight

PreviousNext

Return to Tools