Volume III has come!

Comments about the book, Requests for content to be covered in the 2nd Edition? Post them here!

Volume III has come!

Postby morpheus » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:14 am

That's it people. I've finalized the book, and got awesome, awesome cover art by none other than the creator of Hexley himself!

http://NewOSXBook.com/2ndUpdate.html for the official announcement!

J
morpheus
Site Admin

Re: Volume III has come!

Postby darkknight » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Administrator wrote:That's it people. I've finalized the book, and got awesome, awesome cover art by none other than the creator of Hexley himself!

http://NewOSXBook.com/2ndUpdate.html for the official announcement!

J

Quick one, no coverage of the Yalu jailbreak? Or Taig coverage of 8.4 is enough?
darkknight

Postby bcyrill » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Hi Jonathan

Will you be shipping the book outside of the US e.g. to Switzerland? Amazon does not let me preorder it. :cry:
bcyrill

Postby morpheus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:00 am

With pleasure; Just bear in mind direct orders open 10/10, and that's also when AMZN ones start shipping. Direct will be cheaper. Just give me time here. AMZN stock is already out (even though it's pre-order!) so check every now and then and you might see it reoffered - my Android one they do offer to ship (I had plenty of .ch orders), and it's me who does the shipping anyway.

For those reading, btw, the color edition will only be available direct. Final price looks like $100+/-. Printing costs are terrible.. but the test run looks gorgeous.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby vega01 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi J,

Great to hear the book (at least the third part) is finally out! I preordered through e-mail over a year ago, but still haven't got any confirmation. Shall I be worried? Thanks!
vega01

Postby morpheus » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Worried? Hardly! Everyone on the pre-order has a copy secure for them (the preorder list didnt have any confirmations - it was just an incoming mailbox). The only hitch that I have to print all those copies.. I will be opening up orders through newosxbook next week, as well as AMZN (the listing is already up, but initial stock I allocated is out already..).

And the book is 440 or so pages. That'll keep you busy while I get Volume I ready. :-)
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby halprin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Sweet! Congratulations on getting volume III completed. Can't wait until the 10th!
halprin

It is the 10th. Please let me order!

Postby pthreads » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Couldn't wait any longer. It is the 10th. How can I order here? I want the color version :-)
pthreads

Postby sake » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:43 am

How can I order the book here? AMZN always shows the book is out of stock...
sake

Postby keithop » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:14 pm

me too please :) Color if possible
keithop

Next

Return to *OS Internals - 2nd Edition