Trouble

Issues relating to the upcoming LiberTV TvOS < 11.2 JB. NO MORON "wen eta" though - unless you want to be banned.
Forum rules
  • NO IDIOTIC QUESTIONS ABOUT "WEN ETA JB".
  • Read the FAQ before asking.
  • Otherwise, open discussion and/or requests welcome.

Trouble

Postby lechium » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 am

nitoTV is not ready yet, if you find any mirrors online of the deb or tgz file that is supposedly the package EXERCISE CAUTION.

W are not ready for this jailbreak yet and testing our basic revamped functionality led justin (the man revamping nitoTV backend code) to "bricking" his 10.1 test device. To be clear he didn't actually "brick" his device in any conventional sense, he was just forced to update it to 10.1.1. Which, when a jailbreak is the goal, is essentially a brick at the moment.

On that note, we are doing our best to get things up to date and compatible with this jailbreak. Having a device brick on him tonight was definitely a set back that hindered our progress. But things will still happen as soon as possible.

Based on the potential danger of running nitoTV on the newer jailbreak (not that there is an issue with the jailbreak itself) I have pulled all tgz and deb files that i personally host related to nitoTV for tvOS and I have also (temporarily) moved its repository back to being closed source.This is a precaution to prevent anyone that is more savvy and foolhardy from learning a potentially dangerous lesson on their own.

Extra context for those of your that are newer to jailbreaking or hacking AppleTV's:

nitoTV is essentially the Cydia equivalent for AppleTV's. The version that existed for the first Pangu related tvOS 9.x jailbreak was a kludge that was not ready for prime time release which has the potential to be deployed to a much larger user base.
lechium

Re: FAQ

Postby lemonhead94 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:42 pm

I'm having some difficulties with SSHing into the AppleTV after a successful jailbreak.
I'm getting the following error message: "Connection closed by 127.0.0.1 port 2222"

Infos:
- AppleTV4 on iOS 10.1 with 32GB
- macOS 10.12.3

What I have tried so far:
- Jailbreak
- Reboot and Rejailbreak
- sshing with libmobiledevice --> http://iphonedevwiki.net/index.php/SSH_Over_USB
- sshing with iTunnel --> https://code.google.com/archive/p/iphon ... /downloads (--lport 2222 --iport 22)
lemonhead94

Postby Jacopino86 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi there, i repost the same question i asked in twitter, hoping this is The right place
i've read the faq but i have a question, i installed a ios beta profile on my apple tv 4 to prevent auto/manual update, and it Worked, The update section say that my Apple TV is up to date, however can this iOS beta profile installed in The Apple TV have some conseuguences on the jailbreak process? Thanks a lot

ANSWER: Don't see why it would, but you can make this jailbreak innocuous by unchecking "remount root". Dropbear will still run, so you get SSH. You can also selectively choose not to disable the auto update.
Jacopino86

So about dropbear..

Postby morpheus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:55 pm

So - SSH bug fixed. You now have another button saying "spawn dropbear" after a successful jb, just in case somehow my internal check passed a false positive.

Please try BOTH ssh -p 2222 localhost AND over the WiFi/Ethernet to check it works. Also, go on MacOS's instruments, as it can get the process list: open a blank instruments, then you should see:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 13.26.38.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 13.26.38.png (211.36 KiB) Viewed 7935 times
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby Ramasjang » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi

Thank you for your work :-)

I have two questions for you.

1. It is possible to bypass the 7 days re-jailbreaking of tvOS with LiberTV?

NO. This would require a code signing bypass 0-day. However, it is a minor annoyance, since you only need it IF you reboot your TV after seven or more days. And normally your TV stays on, and - unlike a phone - is plugged to power.

2. When nitoTV is ready for tvOS 10.x will you add it to LiberTV GUI?
(If yes will it happen via online update or does is require a new LiberTV.ipa file)

Maybe. Let's talk when it's ready?
Ramasjang

Postby lemonhead94 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:07 pm

kuzn wrote:Holy crap that was a pain in the a$$ to get jailbroken with ssh access. Another successful user on tvOS 10.1. I had to attempt the jailbreak about 30times to finally get ssh access. A number of times it said it was jailbroken and I spawned dropbear but it wouldn't give me ssh. Finally I have ssh but I cannot change the default password alpine. How can I do this? I tried passwd but it doesn't work. Thanks for this JB!

Nevermind ;)

export PATH=/tmp/bin:/tmp/usr/bin:/tmp/usr/local/bin:/tmp/sbin

/tmp/usr/bin/passwd... set a a /var/root/.ssh/authorized_keys file - it's better. And I'm constantly improving success ratio - sorry - Luca's code was very specific for other device types...

So everytime I exit ssh I need to redo this command?

Anyway to make this persistent?

I was able to download kodi using wget directly to my aTV4 but I cannot install it since there is no appinst yet. Do we just need to wait for kb to release nitoTV or can we install ipa's another way besides cydia impactor? We still need appsync unified anyways....nm

I guess its just installing thru cydia impactor for now...

thanks mate this is what i needed to safe the apticket :D

Code: Select all
ssh -p 2222 root@localhost 'export PATH=/tmp/bin:/tmp/usr/bin:/tmp/usr/local/bin:/tmp/sbin ; cd /System/Library/Caches/ ; tar czpf - ./apticket.der'  | tar xzpf - -C /Users/USERNAME/Downloads/

Admin wrote: A bit of an overkill - You could have just moved the files for scp from tmp/... to their respective directory (and likewise from /tmp/usr/local/bin), which would have enabled scp.

Hmm now that you point it out that would have been easier indeed, but I merely wanted a one liner to save my apticket as fast as possible and didn't even bother to check if scp was in /tmp/usr/bin.

Does it in anyway affect reboots or rejailbreaks if I move these binaries to their normal location?
If so would symlinks be better suited here?

Answering myself and for others: Copying the files to the correct location doesn't cause any problems...
Last edited by lemonhead94 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lemonhead94

Postby langidus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

kuzn wrote:Holy crap that was a pain in the a$$ to get jailbroken with ssh access. Another successful user on tvOS 10.1. I had to attempt the jailbreak about 30times to finally get ssh access. A number of times it said it was jailbroken and I spawned dropbear but it wouldn't give me ssh. Finally I have ssh but I cannot change the default password alpine. How can I do this? I tried passwd but it doesn't work. Thanks for this JB!

Nevermind ;)

/tmp/usr/bin/passwd... set a a /var/root/.ssh/authorized_keys file - it's better. And I'm constantly improving success ratio - sorry - Luca's code was very specific for other device types...

So everytime I exit ssh I need to redo this command?

Anyway to make this persistent?

in Terminal:
Code: Select all
echo "export PATH=/tmp/bin:/tmp/usr/bin:/tmp/usr/local/bin:/tmp/sbin" > .bash_profile
langidus

Postby Ov47 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:46 am

Will liberatv support firmware as low as 9.0?

9.0 has the Pangu JB, but when I perfect general 9.x it's just a matter of offsets.
Ov47

Postby Roman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 am

apple tv 4g ios 10.1.1 jailbreak-min.jpg
apple tv 4g ios 10.1.1 jailbreak-min.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 6059 times

your LiberTV jailbreak for tvos 10 was very easy to use. thanks Morpheus. Can't wait to install NitoTV.
Last edited by Roman on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roman

Postby footyfiend » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:21 am

I get Inoperability Failure, EOF while reading packet when trying to ssh, its jailbreaking average 3 trys tho. thanks
footyfiend

Next

Return to LiberTV