Trouble

Issues relating to the upcoming LiberTV TvOS < 11.2 JB. NO MORON "wen eta" though - unless you want to be banned.
Forum rules
  • NO IDIOTIC QUESTIONS ABOUT "WEN ETA JB".
  • Read the FAQ before asking.
  • Otherwise, open discussion and/or requests welcome.

Re: FAQ

Postby Unknown7 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Will this jailbreak allow Kodi to function without the 7 day resigning?
Unknown7

Postby Broxin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Unknown7 wrote:Will this jailbreak allow Kodi to function without the 7 day resigning?

if you dont restart it then yes, you wont need resign every 7 days

Roman wrote:
apple tv 4g ios 10.1.1 jailbreak-min.jpg

your Apple TV 4 jailbreak was very easy to use. thanks Morpheus. Can't wait to install NitoTV.

Why does it say different things than mine ?

yours says for example
Install minimal set of binaries onto root filesystem (/)

mine says
Install minimal set of binaries onto /tmp

also what does "Resuming." mean ?
never saw this.

p.s. iFunBox says its still jailed.. is it because it doesnt have filesystemaccess ?
Broxin

Postby morpheus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Because I keep updating the JB to be more efficient and safe, but don't tweet every update. If you download from a mirror, you are bound to get an old version, and possibly one with malware.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby Unknown7 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Never had an Apple TV jailbreak. So I don't know too much about NitoTV. Will there be a 1click install for kodi in NitoTV?
Unknown7

Postby Gilrrr » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:34 pm

I am continuously having random reboots. The only app I have side loaded other than Libertv, is Kodi 17. I'm not sure if Kodi is causing the reboots or not. Thank you in advance for any help and thanks for all the hard work all of you put in this project.
Gilrrr

Postby Broxin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:22 pm

i had also a reboot while jailbroken as i started youtube and started watching one trailer. then a red flash came and the device crashed and restarted and was in an unjailbroken state. also i had to relearn the volume buttons on the ATV remote to control the volume over IR of my TV.
Just wanted to let you know
Broxin

Postby Gilrrr » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Broxin, I've had the same flash and reboot about 5 times the last couple of days. Do you have Kodi 17 side loaded as well?
Gilrrr

Postby thebman1312 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:36 am

hello. I have a 10.0 64GB apple tv. The jailbreak works, but ssh will not work. The jailbreak will succeed, but dropbear or any related processes will not appear in the instruments application on my mac. If I select respawn Dropbear, I will get the no bash error. I have downloaded the .ipa 3 times, which didn't help. I have ran the jailbreak with all options on. I have also tried ssh over USB, wifi, and ethernet. Am i doing something wrong or is there a different problem?
thebman1312

Postby Broxin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:45 pm

why is the jailbreak asking me "Live dangerously" or "Play it safe" ?
What is the difference in the jailbreak process after this point if i choose one or the other ?

im asking because no matter what i choose, if i get this Unsupported KPP Layout question it never worked out to Jailbreak the ATV, no matter what i chosen.

Is it even possible if the question "Unsupported KPP Layout" pops up to succeed with the jailbreak after i choose ?
Broxin

Postby RiotNrrrd » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:49 am

Gilrrr wrote:I am continuously having random reboots. The only app I have side loaded other than Libertv, is Kodi 17. I'm not sure if Kodi is causing the reboots or not. Thank you in advance for any help and thanks for all the hard work all of you put in this project.

Do you have the random reboots while using Kodi, or otherwise playing a video (like in a standard AppStore app)?

If I leave my Apple TV 4 idle and don't use it (while jailbroken), it never crashes. But it has green-screen crashed on me two or three times while watching videos. Thus my ?.
RiotNrrrd

PreviousNext

Return to LiberTV