iOS 9.3.2 jailbricked after modifying SpringBoard

Questions and Answers about all things *OS (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS)

iOS 9.3.2 jailbricked after modifying SpringBoard

Postby septium » Tue May 30, 2017 3:25 pm

I am a piece of dumb idiot: I've added get-task-allow entitlement to SpringBoard Mach-O binary, to be able to attach to SB with Xcode's lldb and debug my tweak conveniently. And totally forgot that SB is code–signed, subject to AMFI policies, and crucial for boot process to finish. Of course first reboot jailbricked the iPad: SB cannot start, and white apple logo shows up forever.

syslog:
Code: Select all
iPad932-od amfid[71] <Error>: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard not valid: 0xe800801c: No code signature found
iPad932-od com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.SpringBoard[158]) <Notice>: Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9

iPad2, iOS 9.3.2, HomeDepot JB.

Is it possible to rescue this device without restoring to 9.3.5?

PS. I can use libimobiledevice: watch syslog, retrieve gestalt strings, connect to debugserver, etc. But of course no UI app can be started via debugging session because of no SB.
septium

Re: iOS 9.3.2 jailbricked after modifying SpringBoard

Postby morpheus » Tue May 30, 2017 5:06 pm

If you can see the lockdown services, then ssh should be active. Assuming you put it in on time?? If not, you might be hosed. But I wouldn't go recovering to 9.3.5 before you lose all hope (though 9.3.5 is jb'able)
morpheus
Site Admin

Re: iOS 9.3.2 jailbricked after modifying SpringBoard

Postby septium » Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Unfortunately ssh is inactive. If fact, under Home Depot OpenSSH is inactive even after re-jailbreak. One should restart it from Cydia manually each time.
septium

Return to Questions and Answers