Is version from Amazon the latest one (v1.4)

Comments about the book, Requests for content to be covered in the 2nd Edition? Post them here!

Is version from Amazon the latest one (v1.4)

Postby curious » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi,
is the version sold via Amazon ($75) the latest one (v1.4 as of now)?

Also, what's the correct affiliate link to Amazon, so that you can get some percentage back? The link a the bottom of the main page redirects to book's 1st Edition page on Amazon.

PS. I would gladly buy using BTC, but currently 0.11 BTC==441 USD. Kinda heavy on my wallet ;)
curious

Re: Is version from Amazon the latest one (v1.4)

Postby morpheus » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:23 am

- You are guaranteed that, whenever you buy the book, it is latest. Since now is v1.4 (with Phœnix), you get that. AMZN is just a pass through. I fulfill the order. Signatures, etc optional

- I can't keep up with BTC. New price is 0.05BTC, but that's still $200 as opposed to $100 (assuming int'l). Oh wait. $190 according to the price just now. That is actually preferred, but I don't think people will be happy to part with BTC - that's why it keeps going up , I guess..

- If you do buy from Amzn , please please please use my link. There's only one link in http://newosxbook.com/index.php (the one coming from AMZN itself), and that's the one to use.

Whichever method you choose to get my book, I thank you!

J
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby curious » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:28 am

Done. Just ordered through Amazon using the link from the main page. Hopefully, you'll get some coins back from this order :)

Also, thank YOU for writing the book in the first place and keeping in updated which is freaking awesome :)

MB
curious

Postby morpheus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:04 am

You flatter me :-) Thank you for the kind words . Just sent yours with an attached note first thing this morning.

LZ 691 035 737US if you want to track it.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby curious » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 pm

You're welcome :)

Thanks for the prompt shipment and tracking code. Much appreciated. :)

Have a great day and good luck with Vol. 1 release :)

MB
curious

Return to *OS Internals - 2nd Edition