Volume I is out for Sale!

Comments about the book, Requests for content to be covered in the 2nd Edition? Post them here!

Volume I is out for Sale!

Postby morpheus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm

This is it. Took a bit longer than I had expected, but it's done.

q.v. http://NewOSXBook.com/2ndUpdate.html :-)
morpheus
Site Admin

Re: Volume I is out for Sale!

Postby ashkalra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Hello Jonathan,

I ordered Volume I, couple of hours back via Amazon, your status page for Vol I (http://newosxbook.com/2ndUpdate.html), mentions
that the first 50 copies will be shipped in December, but my Amazon order status shows that the book has already been shipped
and on the way to the carrier, USPS ?

Please confirm if it has already been shipped, or is there some confusion here ?

Thanks,
Ashish

Edit: no confusion. When I acknowledge an order it gets assigned tracking, so AMZN thinks it's shipped already. It will be shipped early in Dec - I have to get the copies myself first!
ashkalra

Postby nikolac » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Hello, for some reason Amazon says that the book is "currently unavailable". Is it already sold out?

Edit: Yep. I put limited stock up for early order, and they all sold out. More soon.
nikolac

Postby ashkalra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the update.

Ashish
ashkalra

Postby septium » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:49 am

J, can I buy Vol 1 by direct wire transfer (bank-to-bank)?

Reason: bitcoin and Apple Pay are bad for me (Bitcoin is ultra–volatile, Apple Pay is absent in Ukraine). AMZN is bad for you (cuts too much).
septium

Postby Apocrypha » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 pm

septium wrote:J, can I buy Vol 1 by direct wire transfer (bank-to-bank)?

Reason: bitcoin and Apple Pay are bad for me (Bitcoin is ultra–volatile, Apple Pay is absent in Ukraine). AMZN is bad for you (cuts too much).

I am interested in obtaining Volume 1 first. I wonder if it would be convenient to pay by money order? This would actually be very ideal for me. I am excited to get my hands on these books!
Apocrypha

Postby morpheus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 am

If you absolutely can't do Amzn, send me a mail - moxii@ , and we'll handle it from there.
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby Dubinka » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am

I want to buy volume 1 and 3.
how I can get in touch with you ?
because I can't figure out how to order it from amazon it is says the books are out of stock.

Thanks !

J says: stock resumes this week (12/12)
Dubinka

Postby mfnickster » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:47 pm

I think by not making an e-book available, you've us in the position of being unable to buy your book.

J says: by not making an e-book available, I ask only for your patience (it will re-enter stock soon), and excuse myself from the position of having the efforts of close to a year of my life be cloned with a single click. Both my previous books were offered as eBooks. You want to know what happen? MOXiI 1st edition sold the whole of 536 copies (actual figure) and I got very little of it (went to publisher), And Android was going rather well till the CIA got it leaked with Vault7. Once bitten, twice shy. Twice bitten, quadrice shy.
mfnickster

Postby blakes1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:18 am

I checked amazon today and it appears out of stock. Did I miss the latest batch already?

J says: Check again - Amazon sometimes takes a while to refresh.
blakes1

Next

Return to *OS Internals - 2nd Edition