It's official. LiberTV is getting an update.

Issues relating to the upcoming LiberTV TvOS < 11.2 JB. NO MORON "wen eta" though - unless you want to be banned.
Forum rules
  • NO IDIOTIC QUESTIONS ABOUT "WEN ETA JB".
  • Read the FAQ before asking.
  • Otherwise, open discussion and/or requests welcome.

Re: It's official. LiberTV is getting an update.

Postby aTVUser » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:19 am

Excellent work!
Can't wait for an updated official version.
And great news about bfinject!
aTVUser

Postby seanbperiod » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:35 am

For people who couldn't get SSH to work properly, should we reset the Apple TV? or is it ok to install the updated JB?

My aTV 4K has been acting odd lately, with the TopShelf getting frozen, TV app Top Shelf not working, and occasionally when waking up, it staying on black screen, but switching resolutions on a loop and can only restart by pulling the plug. Not sure if this is because of the JB or buggy tvOS 11.1.
seanbperiod

Postby carllivitt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:14 am

There isn't an updated JB for ATV4K yet, only my private one. I wouldn't presume to guess @morpheus' workload, so no estimates of when/if an updated public JB will be available.
carllivitt

Postby seanbperiod » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:53 pm

I understand that there's no update yet. But I'm still wondering if it's ok to install the updated jailbreak (when it comes out) over previous failed jailbreak attempts, or if the Apple TV 4K should be reset/restored first.
seanbperiod

Postby carllivitt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Ah, gotcha. It should be fine to install over the top, I can't see any reason to restore the ATV first.
carllivitt

Postby blah555 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:56 am

seanbperiod wrote:I understand that there's no update yet. But I'm still wondering if it's ok to install the updated jailbreak (when it comes out) over previous failed jailbreak attempts, or if the Apple TV 4K should be reset/restored first.

You can install the jailbreak over-top. All it'll do is overwrite the files. But if you want to be extra safe.. Then delete the App, reboot, sideload, and re-jailbreak.
blah555

Postby carllivitt » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm a dumbass. If I'd just paid attention to _findKernelSymbol() a bit more, I'd have realized it looks up an array of structs (_kernel_syms) that has all the offsets for ATVs, iPads, etc etc. The broken _realvnode address for "ATV6," (0xfffffff00656088 instead of 0xfffffff007656088) is right there! Patching that is a much simpler exercise for the attentive reader ;-)
carllivitt

Postby Bumblebeei » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Yeah latest version of LiberTV got released out and it is a new iOS 11 – 11.1.2 jailbreak tool developed for iOS 11 and higher version which is well compatible with all 64-bit iOS devices.
Bumblebeei

Postby seanbperiod » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:50 am

Bumblebeei wrote:Yeah latest version of LiberTV got released out and it is a new iOS 11 – 11.1.2 jailbreak tool developed for iOS 11 and higher version which is well compatible with all 64-bit iOS devices.

For clarity, the same version (11.0.3) has not been updated since 1/31 has not been recently updated and doesn't work properly on aTV 4K on 11.1.

J says: Update 11.0.4 is coming soon. Working on relieving the 7-day signing restriction for 3rd party apps. Just had bigger things to do. If you want to help - I need the offsets of _kernproc and _rootvnode again from the 11.1 4K kernel.
seanbperiod

Previous

Return to LiberTV