So, I may be off Twitter, but I'm not dead...

Important news

So, I may be off Twitter, but I'm not dead...

Postby morpheus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:56 pm

.. in fact, I've seldom been better - It's all peaceful and quiet here in late-20th century Internet land.

Twitter started attracting the wrong crowd. I got to 28k followers, only to realize that I liked it better with a small handful of followers who'd actually care about what I post/tweet, and not wait for the next JB/mount fix. I initially didn't think to leave, but experimented trying to boot off a mass of followers, but then figured, let's give this a try for a week. Now the week is almost done, and I really don't see any reason to go back.

I'll be re-enabling the RSS feed, which has become woefully outdated since I basically tweeted instead of using it. That's

http://newosxbook.com/rss.jl

and I realize that Safari doesn't have a built-in reader. So I'll create some shell around it later on. But that's where I intend to post updates. And there's a lot in the pipeline, including:

- new APFS tool
- Updates to my Liber* JBs.
- JTool 2
- Joker 2 (with 10,000s of symbols figured out - yes, that's tens of thousands)
- And, of course, when it comes - MOXiI 2 Volume II :-)

Another option I'm mulling is to create an update bot on Twitter, something unattended which won't engage in discussions, but will still tweet every time there's an update. Not sure if that would help anyone.

If anyone needs to get in touch, the usual vectors of forum public, forum private, or email still work.

J
morpheus
Site Admin

Postby Siguza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:39 pm

I'd really like a Twitter bot. :)
Siguza
Unicorn

Re: So, I may be off Twitter, but I'm not dead...

Postby PsychoTea » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Glad you're OK :-)

Another option I'm mulling is to create an update bot on Twitter, something unattended which won't engage in discussions, but will still tweet every time there's an update. Not sure if that would help anyone.

And yes, this would be great!
PsychoTea

Postby Domo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Yay!

RSS is a treasure, please keep it running!
Domo

Postby backendbilly » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Always good to see your updates J
backendbilly
Site Admin

Postby Wingzero » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:43 am

I only wish I saved the chat history on twitter with you.. now it's gone forever along with great knowledge you sent me :o
Wingzero

Postby GeoSn0w » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Same... Twitter purged the caches and all of J's replies to my questions over time are gone. The good thing is that they are not gone forever. If J activates his account once within 30-60 days, Twitter keeps it dormant but existing (including all the followers, conversations et al). Unfortunately, we cannot access them without J's twitter being active.

To J: Make sure you sign in (and reactivate) your account at least once in 30 days to prevent Twitter from erasing it (along with everything including your tweets, conversations with us and your followers). I am sure coping with the eta folk is hard, but you should not really care about them, they are not your target demographic anyways.
GeoSn0w

Postby Nicolas » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 am

Your Twitter is weird. Your account seems to be gone, going to your profile says page not found. But I got an email notification an hour ago saying you sent me a DM. But if I look at my DMs it doesn't show up, because the account doesn't exist. But Twitter keeps saying I have 1 unread DM. What :shock:
Nicolas

Return to Fresh off the press