LiberiOS/QiLin Update

Vent out liberIOS stuff here.
Requests for ETAs or 11.2+ support will be removed without warning!

LiberiOS/QiLin Update

Postby darkknight » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Meaningful posts and not just WEN ETA don't disappear. And I'll simplify the story further -

I am no longer releasing any jailbreaks. None. All I got were flames, Cydia zealots and haters.

QiLin may or may not be updated, but LiberiOS probably won't be , simply because apparently Electra is good enough for people and this is the first I've heard anyone is actually waiting for it. If other people are waiting, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Even if Liber* do get updated, there will *never* be support for Cydia. The whole point of Liber* was to be minimalistic and not leave artifacts everywhere. It's a jailbreak the way I use it, for further research, debugging/tracing/kernel_task inspection/etc.

It Electra is good enough for you, power to you. I will not support nor condone other people's jailbreaks.

I for one was looking forward to the QiLin/LiberiOS updates. As Both have been really helpful. As for the "Electra", "Cydia/Tweak", "ETA WEN" crowd, I would imagine those folks were never your intended audience to begin with. In fact, I don't see those folks buying your books either.... As they are only interested in "commercial jailbreaks". In essence, they are "white noise" - I wouldn't expect to see them firing up jtool and as such they should be ignored accordingly....

For the other folks who buy the books/take the classes and are generally interested in the underlying arch and whatnot i.e. researchers and enthusiasts alike -- and I'm seeing a lot more these days. Almost all the research related posts I see reference one or more of your tools -- those are the folk who I think you should focus on.

In the end its your tool/s and decision. If you choose to release updates, make no mistake they would be greatly appreciated(maybe NOT by the masses). However, if they are not, then thanks for your work to this point. So yeah,
~ 0.02 ~
darkknight

Re: LiberiOS/QiLin Update

Postby panda » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 pm

I would like to encourage you, to update LiberiOS, once a new jailbreak for iOS12 is released.

I am just some kind of power-user, who could live without a jailbreak. But I learned quite a bit about iOS while trying to use your tools. And your minimalistic approach is perfect for someone who just needs minimal modifications and occasionally a self-signed app. The current "official" jailbreaks seem bloated and I do not trust them on my everyday device.
panda

Return to liber iOS